6th Biennial Championing Public Health Nutrition conference
Join us on October 1-2, 2018 in downtown Ottawa, steps away from Parliament Hill, to explore Health Canada's proposal for front-of-pack nutrition labelling, a progress report on calls for a national school food program, next steps for Canada's Food Guide, a national food policy for Canada, health promoting consumption taxes, and much more.
Registration fees will rise an average of $50/month, mid-month, until the event is held.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
* Alfred Aziz, PhD, Chief, Nutrition Standards and Evaluation Division, Health Canada
* Brian Cook, PhD, Senior Researcher, Health Behaviours, University of Oxford
* Mike De Souza, Managing Editor, National Observer
* The Hon. Art Eggleton, Senate of Canada
* Yoni Freedhoff, MD, Founder & Medical Director, Bariatric Medical Institute
* Hasan Hutchinson PhD ND, Director General, Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion, Health Canada
* Mary R. L’Abbe, PhD, Chair, Dept. of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
* Carolyn Webb, Coordinator, Canadian Coalition for Healthy School Food
* Kim D. Raine, PhD, RD, FCAHS, Scientific Director, Centre for Health & Nutrition, University of Alberta
* Gary Schwitzer, Publisher, HealthNewsReview.org and Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Minnesota School of Public Health,
* Speaker to be announced, Embassy of Finland
(Cancellation Policy: Registration fees are non-refundable except in cases of extraordinary circumstances where attendance and transfer would be grossly unfair. Registration fees are transferable by the registrant provided that FLR/CHSL is notified by email in advance the event of the name, employer, and full contact information for the transferee as soon as possible.)